The scorching sun, the killing heat waves, and the sunstroke what not we bear in the cruel summers which take out the sweat out of us in minutes. The harsh UV sun rays are enough to give you premature aging, uneven suntan, sticky hairs, and dry lips. In summer, our skin needs a little extra care than the usual as the summer skin issues are more than the winters. We here will help you out on all the summer essentials you may need and has to take care of.
Let’s have a look at some of the few facts, needs, and tips that will help you this summer,
1. Accessories That You Must Add In Your Wardrobe:
Few things in summers act as a saviour and it’s really important to add them to your wardrobe before summer arrives. In summer it is quite important to save yourself from the harmful rays of the sun which may cause wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, you need to avoid going out in the sun during peak hours i.e from 12-4 as the sun is most harsh at this time.
Always carry a hat with yourself which is quite stylish and can save you from the sunlight. This cool accessory can lift up your style game in minutes and is enough to give you a makeover. Hats are available in different types and colors which make them easy to style.
A pair of UV-protected sunglasses should come next in your list as it is really beneficial to protect from sunlight and it is easy to style as well.
Sunscreen is totally a must in this harsh summer weather. Not using a sunscreen is the worst thing you can do to your skin. Even if it is cloudy outside never ever miss your sunscreen and reapply it after every 4-5 hours with a proper SPF. There are so many types of sunscreen available in markets for every type of skin, for dry to oily skin, for gel-based to cream based the options are wide to choose from.
Just pick the one that will suit your skin type and will fulfil your requirements and you are good to go. Use sunscreen religiously and you will thank us after 5 years.
3. Light Colors and Light Clothing:
Always choose light colors during summers as they will make you feel more relaxed and will absorb less heat as compared to the darker ones. They help in keeping you cool and absorb sweat more efficiently. Also, the material of your clothing should be breezy and not so heavy on your skin.
Floral pattern dresses, light colored tops, and tribal shrugs add a lot more drama to your whole attire.
4. Minimal Makeup And Detox Drinks:
Summer calls for minimal makeup as you have to keep your pores clean throughout the season. Bad pore health may lead to acne and many other skin issues which you want to avoid totally. Even if you got an uneven tan just use a little bronzer on your skin and you will look sunkissed and glowy. Below are few tips you should follow:
- Drink a lot of water and add lemon slices and mint leaves to your water to enrich the nutrient value and detox all the toxic elements out of your body.
- Never skip applying your moisturizer. Use a light gel base one for this season.
- Try not to overdo your makeup. “Little Is More”.Keep the base of your makeup less.
- Hydrate your skin regularly. Keep a mist or rose water handy in a spray bottle and sprinkle it on your skin 3-4 times.
5. Natural Ingredients To The Rescue:
There are so many natural fruits and vegetables that are a boon for us in this season by nature. Here are few things you can add into your diet to get glowy skin which doesn’t need a highlighter.
- Watermelon juice-Super hydrating act as a cooler and cleanses your system.
- Cucumber- 70% water, clears your skin.
- Aloe Vera: Can be applied directly on sunburn. Aloe juice is too beneficial for hyperpigmentation, detoxifying and as an antibacterial agent.
- Curd: Anti-inflammation, full with antioxidants.
Some Face Masks You Can Use:
- Instant Glow: Cocoa powder, honey, and egg whites. Mixed well and applied for 10-15 minutes.
- Sunburn And irritation: Sandalwood powder with rose water and honey. Applied for 10-15 minutes.
- Acne prone skin: Baking soda, lemon, and Apple cider vinegar(ACV). Apply it as a scrub and leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse off . Good for acne marks as well.
This article is written by Pooja Sharma, Fashion and lifestyle writer at Baggout.com which is an online recommendation engine for the girls in the age group 16-30, where you can choose from the best products that suit you the most which are chosen by the top stylists from the top retailers.