Rice cooker is one of the best appliances to cock rice in an effective way. Though it is specially designed to cock rice, It can help you to prepare or cock some others food item also.
It is a modern cooking appliance with an automatic timer that can automatically turn of the cooker when the rice is cooked. But if you are a new user of this appliance you may stumble in handling it. In that case, you have to know first the proper technique of handling it.
For you, in this article, I am going to bring up a detailed guideline on how to cook with the rice cooker. Let’s check out.
Important Features of a Rice Cooker
- It is made of stainless steel material
- Cool touch
- Convenient open operation
- Safe design
- Automatically turn off feature after finishing cooking
- Keep the food warm automatically
- Easy clean to clean
- Removable inner pot
- Built-in heating plate
- High efficiency
- Quick cooking
- And most importantly it is multi functional
Step by Step Guideline on How to Cook with the Rice Cooker
Though rice cooker is mainly for cooking rice you may make many others food item with it namely:
- Mac and Cheese
- Tofu and Asparagus
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Cheesy Jalapeno Bread
- Pomegranate and Quinoa Salad
- Black Bean Chili
- Lemony Risotto with Shrimp
- Poached Pomegranate Spiced Pears
- Mahi Mahi
- Balsamic Dijon Chicken with Farro and Mushrooms
- Steel Cut Oats
- Banana Bread
- “Stir-Fry” Cabbage
- Wheat Berry Salad
- Bibimbap With Salmon and Spinach
- Vegetable Frittata
- Banana Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Apple Upside-down Cake
- Chicken Biriyani With Saffron Cream
- Vegetable Hot Cake
- Japanese Anime Bread
For cooking with the rice cooker, you have to go through some steps. The steps are as follows:
- Collect Your Equipment: To cook with the rice cooker you will need the following equipment.
- Rice cooker
- Measuring cup
- Rubber or wood spatula (not metal)
- Choose Your Food Item: Now choose the food item that you want to cook with your cooker. It may be boiled rice, plan rice or any others food item.
- Add Water: After that mix water with your food item that you are going to cook. Then stir it properly.
- Start Cooking: Now switch on your cooker. A rice cooker works by boiling the liquid very quickly. The cooker environment remains sealed at that time. It can reduce the air pressure.
As a result, the liquid boils faster. It has a temperature sensor to monitor the heat inside. When its temperature rises above 212 degrees F, your food is cooked. (After absorbing all the liquid its goes to a ‘warm’ setting)
- Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes in the slow cooker: When your food is completely cooked, let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
No doubt, at present, a Rice Cooker is the most desired kitchen appliance to every homemaker. It can save your labor as well as time. But to effective service from your cooker, you have to know the proper technique of using it. Otherwise, you may face trouble.
Hopefully, this article will help you to get a clear concept of how to cock with the rice cooker. Just try to grab them properly and be an expert rice cooker homemaker!